And time for the last monthly wrap-up of 2021!
Here’s what I read and blogged about in the last month of the year! Template courtesy of Jenna @ Falling Letters.
- Sarahland by Sam Cohen
- An Indoor Kind of Girl by Frankie Barnet
- Tilly and the Crazy Eights by Monique Gray Smith
- The Breathing Hole | Aglu by Colleen Murphy with Siobhan Arnatsiaq-Murphu
- Embers: One Ojibway’s Meditations by Richard Wagamese
- Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen
- Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles
- This Place: 150 Years Retold foreword by Alicia Elliott
- Dava Shastri’s Last Day by Kirthana Ramisetti
- The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer
- Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart
- Pretty Goblins by Beth Graham
- How We Go Home edited by Sara Sinclair
- Glass Town by Isabel Greenberg
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- Bright Dead Things by Ada Limón
- Night Sky with Exit Wounds by Ocean Vuong
- I brought back my favourite feature, The Cookie Chapters! And shared book recs for sweet and salty, Canadian, homey, and bittersweet treats
- Recapped my progress with the IndigAThon readathon
- Shared a top ten list of character names in titles from my 2021 reads
- Joined Beyond the Bestsellers again to talk about under-hyped books!
- 6/13 books read from my 2021 Chosen TBR
- 3/4 read from my 2020 Chosen TBR
- 2/5+ read from books I own
- 28/10+ read from my TBR
- 186/150 books on my Goodreads TBR
In the book community:
- Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight has a fun Christmas book covers tag that I can’t wait to try myself!
- CW @ The Quiet Pond announced the upcoming Pondathon sequel, a beautiful story-driven readathon that runs all year
- My sis Cass @ What Will Cass Create shared her delicious chocolate peanut butter bar recipe
Upcoming in January:
- Recapping bookish events to share my anticipated new releases
- My favourites of 2021 list!
What was your favourite read last year?
Cover images from Goodreads.