Another good reading month – helped greatly by many short books! I feel like I’m getting my reviewing bug back a little and starting to tackle the ones that have been waiting months, so hopefully I can catch up in the next couple months.
Read on for what I got up to in reading and blogging in September! Template inspired by Jenna @ Falling Letters.
- Quick Bright Things by Christopher Cook
- Pretty Goblins by Beth Graham
- Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart
- Dava Shastri’s Last Day by Kirthana Ramisetti
- The Nerves by Lena Suksi
- No Problematics by Viola Chen
- Punisher by Sarah Weir
- Joining Shealea’s Spring Cleaning Challenge once again this year!
- Wrapped up my progress with the WPL Summer Reading Challenge
- 4/13 books read from my 2021 Chosen TBR
- 1/4 read from my 2020 Chosen TBR
- 0/5+ read from books I own
- 16/10+ read from my TBR
- 200/150 books on my Goodreads TBR
In the book community:
- Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess has a list of Latinx-authored horror recommendations that I’m very tempted to check out even though I’m a scaredy-cat
- Rachel @ Life of a Female Bibliophile shared her favourite fictional libraries and I want to visit every one
- Fritzi @ Movies Silently recently shared a mini review of the film, The Detectress, which she wrote a full review of a couple years ago and I loved her insightful comments on the successes of the film and the harmful ways Chinese people and Chinese food were depicted. Lots of great history to learn here!
Upcoming in October:
- Some author guest posts
- Challenge updates as we approach year-end
- More reviews!
What was your favourite read of September?
Cover images from Goodreads.