I just learned about my hometown library’s Adult Summer Reading Challenge and I figured I’d join in!
Winnipeg Public Library is hosting a reading challenge for adults with a bingo card of 24 prompts to guide your reading. I’ve unintentionally already read books for a couple of the prompts (I’m counting the books I’ve read from May on, university summer) so here’s my challenge check-in!
1) Published This Year: Fire with Fire by Destiny Soria
4) One Word Title: Pauls by Jess Taylor
5) Asian Author: Spark by Naoki Matayoshi (Japanese), translated by Alison Watts
7) Poetry: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight translated by Simon Armitage
8) Award Winner: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
9) Indigenous Author: Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson (Haisla and Heiltsuk)
12) Recommended by a Friend: Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson
13) Romance: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
16) Takes Place More Than 50 Years Ago: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
17) Indigenous History: This Place: 150 Years Retold, foreword by Alicia Elliott
18) Book in Translation: Spark by Naoki Matayoshi, translated by Alison Watts
19) Graphic Novel: This Place: 150 Years Retold, foreword by Alicia Elliott
21) Book That Involves Travel: On the Way to Birdland by Frank Morelli
22) Collection of Short Stories: Pauls by Jess Taylor
23) Set in a Country You’ve Never Visited: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (England)
I’ve already hit 15 of the prompts so I’m off to a great start (and yes, using books for multiple prompts totally counts)! This will be fun to use in tracking the rest of my summer reading, whether I hit all the prompts or not.
Are you participating in any summer challenges?
Graphic from WPL’s website.