It’s time for another monthly recap! I read less this month (and actually finished two of the books below on May 31st!) but I did start a lot of new books 😛 And the ones I’ve been reading are longer so they’ve taken me some time to get into them.
Here’s what I got up to last month! Template for this feature inspired by Jenna @ Falling Letters.
- Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson
- The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight translated by Simon Armitage
- Spark by Naoki Matayoshi
- What Big Teeth by Rose Szabo
- Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe
- The Encyclopedia of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg
- The Valley and the Flood by Rebecca Mahoney
- Shared some life updates including how I celebrated my blogiversary
- Created more musical haikus from song lyrics
- Recapped how I did with last month’s Bout of Books readathon
- Shared my favourite funny quotes from recent reads
- Tried the Bookish Memory Check challenge to test my memory of past reads
- 0/13 books read from my 2021 Chosen TBR
- 0/4 read from my 2020 Chosen TBR
- 0/5+ read from books I own
- 7/10+ read from my TBR
- 239/150 books on my Goodreads TBR
In the book community:
- Angel @ Angel Cruz Writes shared her reflections on AAPI Month and some Asian-American and Asian-Canadian authored books she enjoyed
- Hollis and Micky @ A Take from Two Cities shared their most anticipated May 2021 releases and so many of these books are on my list now
- Tanja @ Where Stories Lie created yet another challenge, this time One Book, One Idea where you do some activity based on the events of each book you read!
Upcoming in June:
- Book reviews!
- More in the book quotes and musical haikus series
- Possibly some new blog designs?
I was able to catch up on a lot of reviews this month, but that Goodreads TBR is quickly getting out of control. Guess the only solution is to read more.
I made a summer reading list (based on my reading challenges) and I hope I can make great use of my library and sunny days to read some great books.
What are your plans for the summer?
Any books you’re hoping to get to?
Cover images from Goodreads.