There are some easy rules that come with this award:
- Thank your nominator and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you
- Tag 11 more bloggers and come up with 11 new questions to ask them!
- List the rules and show the award (I’ve seen a bunch of different images of this so enjoy this random picture :P)
I’ll try my best to come up with good questions but let’s get going on those answers:
1. What is the last song you played on your phone, iPod, or MP3?
It’s been a while since I listed to anything on my phone since I usually use Spotify on my computer but I think it was Hallelujah by Pentatonix (sidenote: k.d. lang has the best cover of Hallelujah of all time)
2. What book are you reading right now and what attracted you to that story in particular?
I’m currently reading The Violin of Auschwitz, which I’ve just started so I don’t have too much to say about it yet. My main reason for choosing it is because it starts with a V for my alphabet challenge (and it’s short!) but it also sounds like a really powerful story about WWII so I’m looking forward to getting further with it.
3. What is your biggest turn off when it comes to a blog?
I won’t often turn away from people’s blogs because of this but overuse of graphics and effects can be distracting. The one real turn off I have is when the only posts are short little jokes, obviously just for the purpose of getting views and likes. Give me substance!
4. Do you belong to any book clubs? If so, what’s this month’s book club selection?
I actually just joined a book club at my school! Our genre for this month is biography/memoir and we’re reading Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher so I’m looking forward to it.
5. When was the last time you were truly happy?
Ah, asking the hard-hitting questions I see. I’m feeling kind of stressed with school but it’s been really cool to get to know so many new people and learn more about the field I’m interested in so I’m pretty happy right now! That “truly” makes it more difficult but is anyone ever truly happy, Lauren?
6. Do you watch any television? What series are you really into right now and would you recommend them?
I do, though it’s harder now because I’m living in a dorm room with no cable. My favourites currently are Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder, and yes I recommend them – Shonda Rhimes can do no wrong.
7. What are your thoughts on abstract art?
I don’t mind it. It’s actually my favourite genre to create because I find it easier to not have many limits placed on you. Anything works!
8. On a scale of one to Martha Stewart, how crafty are you?
Haha, two. I mean, I guess it depends what you mean by crafty. I can follow instructions and my last craft was creating some beading which turned out pretty well but I did stab myself with the needle about 40 times so….
9. What is your favourite breakfast food?
Pancakes! And speaking of Martha Stewart, I swear by her recipe for these!
10. Do you like scary books? If so, what was the last book that really scared you?
Nope. I don’t like the horror genre cause it freaks me out and I find it more difficult to separate myself from the scary world when reading a book than watching a movie.
11. Tell us a joke?
Oh boy. My favourite joke is better heard than read so now I’m stuck. Can I insert my favourite meme instead?
1. What book are you currently reading and how are you liking it?
2. What’s your favourite restaurant and why?
Honestly, I can’t think of one. I have a couple I go to more frequently but nothing that’s really top of my list.
3. Coffee or tea?
Actually neither – hot cocoa all the way!
4. Recommend a book, TV show, and movie to your readers.
Okay I’m gonna challenge myself and not go with the TV shows above. I’d say Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so funny and every episode delivers! Plus, they have a really diverse cast and address topics of diversity directly in the show so they’re doing it right!
Book – Skylarking by Kate Mildenhall. I’m gonna recommend it to anyone who asks (or doesn’t), my fave of the year. Historical fiction but also an intense drama
Movie – My favourite movie is Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey so I’ll rec that. I’ve seen it at least five times and laugh every time, so good!
5. Do you have a favourite GIF? What is it?
I can’t think of one right now so I’m gonna go with the two in this post!
6. What do you usually do for Halloween?
Very little – sometimes hand out candy but we get very few kids in our neighbourhood. I’d like to watch some of the classics this year that I’ve never seen, like Hocus Pocus.
7. Which post of yours are you most proud of?
Good question! I really liked my last Music Monday post. I paired a few of my recent reads with songs I thought captured the mood really well. You can check that out here! My Author Wrap-Up post was a lot of fun to write too and I got to show off my graphic skills!
8. What’s your favourite OTP?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I never have one in mind but then I see other people mentions theirs and think, oh yeah! So I think I’ll need to see some other examples first before I remember, sorry!
9. Series or standalone?
More often standalone. I don’t have a lot of time for reading these days so when I see something is a series, I’m more likely to avoid it.
10. You’re told that for the rest of your life, you can either re-read only Harry Potter or read only ARCs. Which option would you choose?
I’m going with the ARCs. I’ve only read 6 of the 7 Harry Potter books, and only once each, so I wouldn’t mind not re-reading them. Plus I’ll still have the movies!
11. Tell us a joke. xD
You get my picture from above 😛
And now time for my questions!
1. What is one book you’d like to read by the end of the year?
2. Show us your favourite book cover of 2017?
3. Where did the last book you read take place?
4. What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Or what would your dream costume be?
5. And on that note, favourite candy?
6. Choose one book you read this year to recommend to a friend. What book did you choose and why?
7. Who (or where) do you look to for great book recommendations?
8. Dream vacation?
9. Share a good moment from this week that happened to you!
10. What’s your go-to feel-good movie?
11. And finally (I’m running out of steam!), preferred mode of travel – train, plane, car, etc.?
My nominations are below – hope you all enjoy answering! Coming up with 11 questions is tough!
Tina @ As Told by Tina | Lizbie @ Lizbie’s Nerdy World
Michelle @ Michelle, Books and Movies Addict | Fernanda @ The Wanderlust Reader
Julianna @ Blots of Ink and Words | Chelsey @ Chels & a Book
Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole | Naty @ Naty’s Bookshelf
Ellen @ A Little Book Life | Dee @ Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
Chelsea @ The Suspense is Thrilling Me
I’ll be back again next week with another Grad School recap – still accepting any and all suggestions for a title or there may be a return of the monster from this week 😛